Retail Business Development Manager Belgium (#330)
Are you ready to develop the commercial relationships in an growing international company?
Our client is the 2nd largest Bakery product producer in Europe. Present in more than 20 countries with 6000 employees this Scandinavian Cooperative is baking its difference on daily basis together with their clients! Their vision is to be the value-adding Baker experts for food service, in- store bakeries and retail. Their mission is to offer quality bakery products and innovative concepts that create value, contribute to health and enjoyment for demanding customers and consumers. In Belgium (part of a Regional Cluster, HQ based in Belgium), the company is of human size. They commercialize their bakery products and concepts to Foodservice and Retailers. Our client is actively looking to recruit an experienced “Business development manager” with strong Category & Key account management experience dealing with the Belgian Retailers. You will be directly reporting into the Sales Director Benelux Retail.
As Retail Business Development Manager, you’ll will lead the development of the Belgian retail business and design the organisation of the coming years. You will develop the client’s portfolio from one existing customer to many more.
- You will develop the medium & long-term strategic growth plan in order to deliver EBIT/Gross margin and net sales target.
- You will be familiar with a tender management and have a good understanding of pricing structure
- You will have the autonomy to reach the objectives balancing equally between short term & long-term results.
- You will analyse the market trends, conduct discussions with stakeholders in order to leverage the company’s opportunities in the market.
- You are responsible for gaining new retailers and extend distribution of the company’s products
- As the specificity of the business and the requirements of the customers are so different that you will have to develop a specific story telling through category management programs to develop an appropriate selling speech and close deals.
- It is key that you inspire trustworthy to gain or regain trust towards the counterpart but also to secure the profitability of each deals via an experience in Account Management.
- You have a high capacity in prioritization of tasks and actions.
- You should be able to jungle between quick wins and long-term partnership building. A complete alignment with the CEO on the vision and priorities should happen to secure the good outcome of the role.
- Should the profitability and turnover be aligned with the objectives set, the purpose would be to take over the Retail department and consolidate a team around the business you have developed.
- Strong experience in creating its own guidelines
- Capable of working in an Agile and “Open door” environment
- Dynamic and entrepreneur
- Able to manage complexity with a strategic vision of the market
- Able to understand & create a P&L model
- Have a clear vision of the internal organisation in order to drive the growth
- Have a good ability to communicate and drive projects
- 5-7 years’ experience minimum in a Key account management role – ideally in an FMCG context.
- Strong experience creating new long-term business relations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Customer oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment but as well take ownership and work autonomously
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in Dutch and French, and eventually in English
What's in it for you?
- Feeling you belong to an international company but still where Belgium is fully responsible for its P&L and strategy
- High diversity in the tasks and daily job
- Direct commercial impact on the organization
- Function that could be shape and design to set the frame for a future department
- A Culture based on Human Values, Success & Entrepreneurship
- A competitive salary including a car & other benefits
Interested? Email or call me
- Once you apply for a job the responsible recruiter will screen your profile.
- If there is a match, it's all good for you.
- Otherwise, take a look at the complete recruitment process.