Key Account Manager Retail | Food (#410)
A fantastic opportunity!
For the last 70 years, our client has been delighting its consumers with gastronomic food products. The Benelux organization operates from two locations/offices in Belgium and the Netherlands. To further continue its growth at the international level, our client is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager to manage the existing customer base and continue their geographic expansion. The role is based in the Namur province but will also require some flexibility to travel to other group locations in France or Netherlands (10% travel).
What's the goal?
To develop and execute a customer strategy & business plan to realize the company's financial targets for your key customers. Those customers include mainly classic retailers with both Branded and Private Label products.
- You negotiate the yearly contract extension, including product range, promotional plan and pricing for your customers.
- You will develop a customer business plan consistent with the company’s objectives. You will negotiate, execute, monitor and review this plan within budgetary guidelines (trade terms & trade funding).
- You will provide the organization with full customer understanding as you are the customer expert. You manage and develop the relationship with the customer on various levels (buying office, marketing, operations, field). In this role you will be tracking sales and business development using both internal and external data (e.g. Nielsen & GfK).
- You will execute activation plans (brands/innovations/promotions) through customer tools and activation plans with the highest return on investment.
- You will communicate properly with all internal departments, enable colleagues to obtain operational excellence (Sales Controlling, Customer Service and Supply Chain) and be the key spokesperson for your customers.
- You will make gap analyses based on internal data and on external data in collaboration with Category Management/Trade Marketing for your customers.
- As expert of your customers, you participate to the buildup of LFF strategic plans (bottom-up budget building), while bringing in the team all risks and opportunities for your customers.
What's absolutely necessary?
- A relevant Master Degree in economics, marketing, sales or general management and at least 5 years’ experience in Sales, preferably in fast moving organizations with at least 3-5 years in key account management.
- Experience with Private Label business is a plus.
- Enthusiastic and open team player, great entrepreneurial and strong negotiation skills.
- Problem solving/analytical skills, able to see the big picture as well as to dive into the details.
- A very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
What's in it for you?
- Challenging and clear objectives in a dynamic work environment.
- An open and flexible organization with the spirit of an SME in the context of a global player in premium food industry
- The opportunity to develop your talents and to build your career locally or internationally.
- A competitive salary package.
- Travels in France or Netherlands might be needed in the first year in order to build product expertise and extend internal network.
Interested? Email or call me
- Once you apply for a job the responsible recruiter will screen your profile.
- If there is a match, it's all good for you.
- Otherwise, take a look at the complete recruitment process.