Chief Marketing Officer | Pharma/Cosmetics (#231)
Chief Marketing Officer
Our client is a high-level “scale-up” manufacturer of medical devices and cosmetic products which are being distributed in more than 40 countries worldwide. By focusing on bringing innovative, consumer friendly products which stand out, our client aims to enhance consumers’ quality of life. On the International level, they operate their commercial activities with local, highly motivated third-party partners. All development takes place in a regulated environment from their headquarters located in Deurle (Ghent Area) - Belgium. To continue its steady growth track, our client is now looking for a Chief Marketing Officer
He/She will work closely with the CEO and more generally the Board of Directors to develop & deliver the marketing strategies. The role holds a strategic position within this next life stage of this promising scale-up. The candidate will have a crucial role in the future success of the company while setting up the new plans as well as its implementation. It’s important for the candidate to work at double speed LT goals vs quick wins. Ones the milestones established by the CMO it will about balancing the LT strategic view with pragmatism to conquer new markets and categories hard and fast.
- Propose a long-term strategic marketing plan to the Board of Directors, in order to establish the business strategy for the following years (identify, research, measure, act).
- Pragmatism & entrepreneurship to go fast – while building brand equity
- Provide strategic focus through clear actions prioritization and timing.
- Develop a deep marketing and consumer, as well as customer, understanding to identify and leverage the right insights that drive user’s centric growth.
- Define and leverage the role of distribution channels. Looking for synergies across the customer journey, both for the traditional channels as well as for the fast growing online channels.
- Develop and recommend user centric brand strategies and plans to deliver sustainable profitable growth and build brand strength.
- Manage marketing budget focused on effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and implement marketing initiatives and user programs against clear performance KPI’s that you’ll set, monitor & adapt accordingly
- Manage the innovation opportunities to capture existing or new markets.
- Build sustainable marketing capabilities within the Company.
- Create synergy between Board team, in order to optimize the available resources and fully meet the expectations on deliverables.
- Represent the Company in professional organizations.
- Respond positively to the “Freedom and Responsibility” motto
- Manage an international network of distributors as well as directly managed (online) channels
- Good general knowledge of Management and Business practices
- Ability to motivate a team and to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Creatively managing FMCG marketing techniques with experience in OTC and/or Cosmetics being a plus
- Streetsmart / can do’ attitude
- Able to federate
- Able to structure a problem and search for a possible solution and the elements that compose it
- Accept an unstructured and ever-changing environment
- Love teamwork and collegiate responsibility
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
The job will evolve with the company. The range of evolution for the company is huge, so will be the job. We have to become a global player in the shortest time frame.
Interested? Email or call me
- Once you apply for a job the responsible recruiter will screen your profile.
- If there is a match, it's all good for you.
- Otherwise, take a look at the complete recruitment process.