Category Manager Belux | Food (#364)
A sweet opportunity in the Netherlands
Our client is a privately owned company that manufactures and distributes FMCG products, under strong brands, in over 150 countries worldwide. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success. For their Trade Marketing department in the Benelux, we are looking for a Category Manager Belux.
What's the goal?
You will develop a channel and category strategy & vision in line with the strategy of the Benelux structure. As Category Manager you will advise, manage and lead Sales and Marketing departments in the areas of business information, category management, channel visibility materials and trade presentations. You will initiate and manage category management projects with retailers. You are responsible for building strategic projects with key retailers, influence purchasing behaviour, drive in-store activity for the brand portfolio, and support the sales effort in the creation and implementation of innovative and effective trade support activities. You will identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the category that may affect sales and will perform ad hoc analyses, shopper research and trade communication. Together with the Key Account Manager you will visit your customers to advise them about how the category can grow in the upcoming year.
Why this company?
- Quite lean organization.
- Flexible hours and home working possibilities.
- A 36 hours work week, meaning either a 4,5 days work week constantly, or a 4 day work week every two weeks.
- Working with well-known, attractive brands.
- A lot of freedom and responsibility.
What's absolutely necessary?
- Master's degree in business, preferably with a Trade Marketing speciality.
- At least 5 years' experience in product/brand management within FMCG.
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch, French and English.
- Strategic insight and capability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of the Belgian FMCG market.
- Strong experience in shopper marketing and with shopper research.
- Ability to gain qualitative and quantitative insights from data, passioned by making the difference for clients.
Do you have what it takes?
If you think you're up for the task, give me a call or send me an e-mail with your (English) resume, using the contact details below. Don't hesitate to ask questions or request a job description! We'll take a look at what we can do together, in order to boost your application.
Interested? Email or call me
- Once you apply for a job the responsible recruiter will screen your profile.
- If there is a match, it's all good for you.
- Otherwise, take a look at the complete recruitment process.