Category Manager | Retail non-food
In this context, they are actively looking for a Category Manager for their headquarters in Houdeng-Goegnies, Belgium.
As a Category Manager you are responsible for the overall monitoring of your perimeter (market share, turnover, margins, delivery terms, differentiation, promotions) in order to optimize its profitability, while keeping the ultimate goal of long-term customer loyalty.
Your main tasks would be the following:
- Develop a cross-channel strategy for your categories according to the brand policy defined by the management after analysis of the market and consumer needs
- Optimally coordinate purchasing, supply chain and sales activities (on- and offline) in close collaboration with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Digital & Network departments
- Ensure supplier contacts in Europe and Asia, and negotiate prices and conditions with suppliers in your area
- Implement the marketing strategy according to the different distribution channels
- Establish and ensure the follow-up of your annual purchasing and forecasting plan for your categories, based on a set purchasing budget
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of the sales and margin figures of your products and the competition
- Develop your shelf presentation, in terms of optimum assortments and merchandising, always with profitability objectives in mind
- Design promotional plans for stores and e-shops
- Guarantee the quality policy, as a commercial and strategic asset
- Ensure compliance with the legal and regulatory framework and procurement policy
- Develop the company's own brands to strengthen their differentiation
Management, creativity, sociability and responsiveness will be the keys to success in the function, coupled with skills in product range renewal, margin monitoring, market analysis, collection construction, procurement and quality processes.
You will report to the Purchasing Director.
- You have a Master's degree in economics or business, or have equivalent training based on your business experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience in an equivalent position. Retail experience is essential
- You speak French and English perfectly, and you have some knowledge of Dutch
- Thanks to good relations with internal services (sales, marketing) you are able to define a coherent strategy for positioning collections and margins
- You are able to establish and follow up a purchase budget
- You are able to communicate effectively and relay various information to other departments of the company (merchandising, sales, marketing, ...)
- You have an analytical mind and are used to working on KPI's
- You know how to exercise control over the entire supply chain, from order to delivery to the point of sale
- Availability and stock rotation are a common thread for you
- Incoterms and quality standards hold no more secrets for you
- You think and act in an omnichannel perspective
- You have the temperament of an entrepreneur and merchant
- You are an outstanding negotiator
- You adapt easily to a changing environment
- You are willing to travel regularly to prospecting fairs, both in Europe and Asia. You will also visit suppliers' showrooms in the Benelux or in France on a regular basis
Among the required qualities, you will need a vision and a fine and current knowledge of the international retail sector. You understand the opportunities associated with a chain of stores moving towards the omnichannel and you seize these opportunities!
You have both a strategic vision and a concrete mind, a sense of analysis and synthesis, and the ability to lead and coordinate. You are an inspiring example for your team.
What's in it for you ?
- A position with multifaceted responsibilities and high added value for the organization
- The opportunity to showcase your organizational skills, creativity and responsiveness in an expanding Group and a pleasant, dynamic and flexible working environment