Category Manager | Belgian Retail Non-Food
South of Brussels
FMCG, Consumer Electronics, Consumer Goods, Retail
Today, for their Head-Quarters located in the south of Brussels, they are looking to recruit a (m/f) :
Category Manager Non-Food
The Catman Non-Food will report to the Head of the Non-Food department, together with 6 other Category Managers.
In this very strategical role :
- According to the market trends, you define the assortment of your category;
- You select the most relevant suppliers and negotiate with them, in order to optimize the turnover and the profitability of your category.
You are also in charge of defining a yearly promotional plan for the category you are in charge of. To be successful, you can count on your strong analytical and interpersonal skills. You watch the competition and anticipate market trends.
Thanks to your knowledge of the field, you make sure that your products are well placed in the hypermarkets, and follow-up closely on their performance.
You do not have people reporting directly to you, but need to have managerial capabilities to convince the staff in the hypermarkets about the relevancy of your assortment.
In the way you communicate with all your colleagues, you strive to keep the company's values in mind : respect, honesty, cordiality and trust.
The ideal candidate will have as profile :
- A Master degree in a business-related field
- A first experience as Category Manager, Buyer, or Key Account Manager either in retail or in FMCG
- You are client-oriented
- You can think of the box and come with innovative ideas
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can convince your managers, peers and colleagues in the field
- A first experience in people management would be a plus
- You can do business in French and English. Dutch will be an asset.
Our client offers the right candidate an entrepreneurial company culture within the retail sector. Thanks to the flat structure, decisions can be taken rapidly ! Here, you can have a real impact !