Business Developer Fairtrade Coffee & OOH
FMCG, Food & Beverages
DU, FR, EN
Our client, Fairtrade, is a NGO which aims at putting in contact producers from Asia, Africa and South America with companies operating in Belgium. Their final goal is to promote a sustainable way of doing business : respecting producers on the one hand and taking care of the planet on the other hand, while meeting the needs of consumers.
Today, for the Belgian subsidiary located in Brussels, they are looking to recruit a (m/f) :
Business Development Manager
Foodservice, Coffee Roastmasters and @work
You report to the Head of Business Development. Together with the management team, you define the Commercial Strategy towards 3 types of partners. Your objective is to position Fairtrade as the solution in those partners’ sustainable policies:
- In the Foodservice sector: you contribute to the growth of the Fairtrade market share thanks to the construction of Business Cases - to show your clients the interest of integrating Fairtrade products in their assortment;
- Fairtrade@Work: together with the Communication Manager, you develop awareness around the 'Fairtrade@Work' campaign, and try to get large corporations on board (public and private ones);
- Coffee: finally, you also manage Key Belgian coffee companies to increase the extension of their Fairtrade coffee range.
- You are also responsible of other smaller product categories such as tea, fruit juices and cotton.
You work closely with the other business development managers, as well as with your colleagues in the communication team. Together, you develop tailor-made solutions to support your commercial partners and help them achieve outstanding results.
When applicable, you act as a Consultant towards your partners to help them make their supply chain fairer and more sustainable.
You make monthly reports towards the Management Team about the evolution of sales and take corrective action when needed.
Ideal profile :
- You hold a Bachelor or Master Degree
- You have at least 5 years experience in a B2B Sales role, preferably acquired in the Food & Beverage sector
- You are trilingual NL/FR/EN
- You enjoy finding "out of the box" manners of doing business
- You have strong convincing skills and you are solution-oriented
- You can demonstrate patience and perseverance
- You feel in line with the values of Fairtrade as a solution for alternative terms of trade.
- You have great listening skills to understand our client's needs and see how Fairtrade can contribute to their sustainable objectives.
What's in it for you :
- A varied role involving enriching exchanges with a great diversity of clients
- The opportunity to learn how to do business with a conscience
- An excellent work/life balance
- A cosy work environment where you will be part of a small team of 18 very motivated colleagues
- A salary package in line with the NGO standards including lunch vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance