Area Market Manager I FMCG Petfood
FMCG, Food Production, Food & Beverages, Account Manager
FR, DU, EN
Our client is a family-run Japanese company with more than 200 years of history. Active in the development of Human Food & Petfood, they have become in the last 10 years a leading actor in their industries. The Petfood Division is particularly registering a strong growth while investing massively in the quality of their products and innovations. Conscious about the unique connection existing between pets and their owners, they offer a broad & unique product portfolio 100% comestible by humans, guaranteeing the quality of the momentum shared with the companion.
Thanks to the growth that the company has had in recent years, our client is in the process of international expansion to be able to make the pets around the world and their owners happy.
To cover their development on the BENELUX market, they have created a legal entity and operates from 2 offices, one in Machelen & the other in Amsterdam. Today, we are recruiting their first employee as:
“Area Market Manager – Benelux – Petfood Retail Specialist”
As sole representative for the region, you’ll be head, the eyes and the arms of the Company in the markets. You’ll build a solid understanding about the category trends and moves in the petfood specialist trade as well as with the national retailers. You’ll be supporting and assessing opportunities with the local Distributors and build knowledge to secure that a maximum of point of distribution know about the assortment and start referring items.
You’ll be building or suggesting omnichannel Marketing Plans to be developed by the central Marketing Team to convinced directly, or via the Distributors, the National customers.
To achieve your objectives and can count on the European Sales Team with whom you’ll be regularly in touch with to share best practices. Regular contacts with your pears both in Europe & in Japan will be key to your success.
- This position will report to the Japan Export Department and assist in team activities including but not limited to:
- Retail sales reporting and analysis;
- Consumer and market research project execution and analysis;
- Review sales forecasts; and,
- Coordinate meetings and arrange samples.
- Participate in Expositions related to the Pet Food Industry.
- Preparation of long-term brand plans and marketing presentations.
- Development and execution of marketing plans with the Headquarters.
- Keep full and proper books of account and records, submit sales reports regularly according the timelines of the Headquarters.
- Regular evaluation of market and consumer trends.
- Increase standards of customer service.
- Provide training and development for staff at clients & Distributors.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis.
- Ensure quality consistency across the region.
- Maximize sales and profitability in the region.
- Set and meet sales targets for individual locations.
- Coordinate marketing activities, marketing research, and brand and intellectual property management.
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, interpersonal skills, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commitment.
- At least 3+ years of experience in retail sales.
- Experience in pet food or fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 75 percent of the time.
- Experience in dealing with distributors.
- The ability to work independently is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Business degree is a plus.
- Fluent in English, Dutch & French
What’s in it for you?
- A challenging job opportunity where you’ll set the pace of the development of an ambitious group and where you can have a serious impact.
- The ability to shape your role as well as become country head recruiting your own team
- The opportunity that your results resonate far beyond your market boundaries.
- A company environment that is truly entrepreneurial and valorises ownership and initiatives.
- An International working environment where you could foresee a growth both locally as well as internationally