Business Development Manager At Work | FMCG
FMCG, Food Production, Food & Beverages, Account Manager
Take your career to the next level!
Our client is part of an important player on the global food market, manufacturing soups, sauces and simple meals. The Group is made up of passionate people who stand out by their professionalism and very diverse backgrounds. In order to retain their talents, our client is committed to provide its employees with a great place to work and opportunities to grow and prosper.
To strengthen the company in the pursuit of their business objectives, they are seeking a highly driven Business Development Manager for their "At work" segment.
As Business Development Manager At Work, your role will be to expand and optimize the sales and product presentation within the assigned New Business channels and all related sectors to achieve these sales.
The focus of the function is on seeking new contacts in the allocated sectors and realising sales in large companies, both in Belgium and in neighbouring countries when this opportunity arises. Maintaining, monitoring and optimising these accounts is also important.
Directy reporting to the Customer & New Business At Work Manager, you will be responsible for :
- Actively prospecting to find new prospects and customers, targetting the right stakeholders and decision-makers
- Expanding and optimizing sales and product presentation within the selected New Business channels. This includes :
- Scheduling meetings with and visiting prospects (handling your own telephone appointments and calendar)
- Making new / additional visits to potential leads (cold prospecting in function of routing planned appointments)
- Introducing new products and encouraging expansion of the product range. Monitoring product introductions
- Preparing the first order and creating of logistic flow
- Following up / managing / optimising the planned location of our products within the company
- Participating in fairs/sales evenings: representing the company, keeping in touch with our indirect end customers + generating additional leads
Scheduling and managing budgets/resources. P & L at customer level (turnover, profit contribution) in consultation with Manager New Business.
- Ensuring a good flow of information to the company (marketing, sales, OOH etc) and to the Manager New Business. This can be done by :
- Completing daily reports
- Analyzing the reports and sales statistics with the Manager New Business
- Deciding, with the Manager New Business, on the sales tactics to be followed, if any
- Following-up of complaints and handling them according to the procedure
- Providing all relevant information about developments in the market, about competitors and about customers
- Sharing information with colleagues Business Developers OOH
- Actively participating in in sales meetings and functional business meetings
- You have 4 to 5 years experience as a sales representative or account manager in a sector where long-run contract negotiations are no exception
- You are fluent in French and Dutch
- You have strong commercial skills (informing customers, cold-calling and phone prospection, negotiating conditions and prices in a targeted manner, etc)
- You have a pioneering spirit and a door-opener attitude
- You can show great resiliency and perseverance
- You have great contact skills that allow you to do healthy and targeted networking within the relevant channels
- You can understand a CRM system and use it to efficiently follow-up on your customers
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a strong sense of responsibility
- You are innovative, curious and eager to learn
- You are a team player
- You are passionate about food and sales
What’s in it for you
A competitive gross salary + package
The chance to work in a very inspiring professional environment, to grow and continuously expand your learning horizons